Hi from west Texas

You MUST post in this forum BEFORE you can post in any other forum.
DannyG
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Re: Hi from west Texas

Post by DannyG » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:01 pm

texanbrit wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:54 am Sounds like you're having a ton of fun and you've definitely picked wisely on your mods.

I love that shift knob. I bet that is a joy to drive with!

So are you all done now? :)

Hi texanbrit! I don't think we can ever be done with these cars, there's always something that needs to be bought and added to the car. :D Specially now that Tork is going to be bringing another turbo setup and Cadamuro is finally coming out with their carbon fiber bottom ends for our Abarths, pretty hard to say I'm done :lol: Also, I wanted to DM you and one of the admins here about a good place that can help me wide body my car, I think that is going to be my next step and I have the flares in mind that I want just need the expertise and help doing it. :geek: I don't mind driving to DFW or Houston or pretty much anywhere in TX as long as I can get it done correctly, one thing is for me to cut the hood...but the fenders :shock: I'm not that bold or talented. :oops: Anyways, I just got my Tork motorsport valve springs 8-) so I will be installing them on this weekend and letting you guys know how it goes.

texanbrit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 500c Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): paul_rogerson_tx

Post by texanbrit » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:17 pm

Just did multi-air springs on a friend's 500 Abarth. It's honestly not that bad a job. A second pair of hands is useful to depress the springs while you release the part that holds them in place. Also hopefully it goes smoothly for you. We found one of the bolts that holds the brick in place was massively over torqued by the factory robots and then the threads just fell apart when we tried to put the brick back. I've heard from other people that have found the same thing.

I don't know much about going wide body, I've gone back and forth on that idea for years. I'm trying to think of cars I've seen that have done it well. There is one guy in San Antonio we could try to hook you up with perhaps.
ronald twisted.jpg
ronald twisted.jpg (125.38 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
There is another car in Houston but I don't think he had a good experience with the folks that worked on it.
PC trailer.jpg
PC trailer.jpg (194.56 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
2013 Abarth 500c (NGen Turbo'd) - Isabella
2012 500 Pop (broken, engine rebuild on hold) - Popabella
2014 500L (Daily workhorse) - The Hulk
2013 Abarth 500 (broken engine, current project) - Abby

DannyG
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by DannyG » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Hello peeps,

Been a long time since I've been on here and posted, that's my bad. :cry: Work after the pandemic has been full steam ahead, 1000mph! However, I haven't been idle with the Abarth. I've added a couple more things to it and still looking for more. Here is what I have done so far. Much more to come!!! :D

Parts installed:
Tork Motorsports upgrade valve spring kit
Eibach lowering springs
Diode Dynamics LED headlight bulbs
Red Carbon fiber wrap

The install for the valve kit was not as bad as I thought it would be, kind of got in my head with it. However once I started taking the parts off it went pretty smooth. I did everything myself over the weekend and also replaced all the gaskets with the gasket kit from Tork. I replaced the multi air filter even thought I only have 54k miles on it and as you can see it's a bit dirty. Also had the valve cover painted to match the color of the car.
Multi air filter 1.1.jpg
Multi air filter 1.1.jpg (40.84 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Multi air filter 2.2.jpg
Multi air filter 2.2.jpg (64.49 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Eiback lowering springs was easy and straight forward. The only modification I had to do was make the hole were the rear bump stops go wider so that I could secure them to the base.
Suspension 1.1.jpg
Suspension 1.1.jpg (29.65 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Suspension 2.1.jpg
Suspension 2.1.jpg (65.36 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Diode Dynamics headlights was a fantastic upgrade to the visibility driving at night. This should of been one of my earlier modes! This install took a bit longer that expected as you have to make sure you are installing the bulb correctly to the headlight housing. It took me a bit to figure out how to turn the bulb so that the light projected matched the stock light projection. I also added the anti flicker module to this setup and it's amazing :!: The amount of light output compared to the stock is unbelievable!!
headlight 1.1.jpg
headlight 1.1.jpg (60.08 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Headlight 2.1.JPG
Headlight 2.1.JPG (37.5 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Now the last little mode I did was wrap my dash in red carbon fiber. This was the most time consuming and most difficult install I have done to my car to date!! I had to get help in order to have it come out great. I bought the wrap from Wish, and maybe that was the problem but the end result came out fantastic. You need to get this wrap HOT but not too hot to were you melt it or damage the material, it's really cheap so it took a lot of burnt fingers to get his one right. I also painted the 500 badge and the 3 rings in the center flat black.
Interior 2.1.jpg
Interior 2.1.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Interior 1.1.jpg
Interior 1.1.jpg (56.81 KiB) Viewed 1749 times

texanbrit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 500c Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): paul_rogerson_tx

Post by texanbrit » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:05 am

Looks great, love that it matches the red seats.
2013 Abarth 500c (NGen Turbo'd) - Isabella
2012 500 Pop (broken, engine rebuild on hold) - Popabella
2014 500L (Daily workhorse) - The Hulk
2013 Abarth 500 (broken engine, current project) - Abby

Return to “Welcome Mat”