EC Euro+Drive Phase 0 / Phase 1 PB

Reviews are MODERATED. Read the Vendor Rules
jayhoff
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2014 500C Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): simpmodia

EC Euro+Drive Phase 0 / Phase 1 PB

Post by jayhoff » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 am

This goes back almost three weeks when I knew I was going to be able to get a tune.

I first ordered the Speedmotive ECU flash, and after waiting a few days for it to show up, I followed the steps to have my OEM file sent off. After receiving the re worked files, I was stoked that I was going to be at or near my power goals. Except on my first drive I knew something wasn't right when my dash lit up like a Christmas tree, after contacting Lorenzo to see what was up, I flashed my stock file back, this happened the next few days, and at that point I was over it, they couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, and I was getting nervous, not only did I spend money good money on a tune, no one knew how to resolve it.
Lorenzo or his tuner didn't know what was happening, and that made me extremely nervous. I did not want to wreck an ECU. Frustrated, and with some fellow friends advice, I sent my hand held back. In which Lorenzo took care of me.

I wasn't happy getting no answers on why my Abarth couldn't be tuned, so after having my log files checked by other turners, I got this email back.
Hi Jacob,
Thanks, we took a look at the log file, showing us what was done to try and resolve your issue and unfortunately it was amateur hour.
Im sorry you had to deal with that man!
Digging deeper, I got this response as well.
Essentially what was happening was that they were trying to copy a file that was not compatible with your specific car. The files need to be created on an individual basis. For them not to know that about these ECMs would imply they do not regularly calibrate these cars via this method or at all. Those are the facts with what we can see from the log files available.
So it was back to the drawing board for me.

Was I going to go with Euro+Drive or Tork.

I ended up working with the Eurocompulsion team, and a close Abarth friend to finally get my shit tuned.
Fast forward another week after I sent my hand held back, I had a E+D hand held in my hands. Working my friends I decided to go with Phase 0 and Phase 1 due to the mods on my car, and the mods coming in the future.

Tuning my car with E+D was painless. It went smooth, and the directions that Eurocompulsion provides are straight forward, and shouldn't cause any confusion with how to get files to them, and write to your ECU.
After the write was completed, I went for my first drive in Phase 0, and power was smooth, the car felt right, like this is how it should came from the factory, and then the pops and bangs tune came into play, I have no cat, and all I can say is holy shit they are extremely loud.
The 2nd drive I did was in Phase 1, and I was trying to see if I could tip toe through town without setting off the machine gun, and I was successful in that, and when I reached the highway, I let her rip, and damn. Again the power was smooth, car is a lot faster, the bangs are spot on, and I was impressed with the monster that I created, however I know it can get better than this, because I've driven a Phase 2 car.

From here I need to get a front mount inter-cooler, it will be either a Eurocompulsion unit, or a ATM. Then I should replace my v3 intake with something that flows better, but I am not so much worried about that right now.

I cant recommend the Speedmotive tune due to their lack of knowledge with their setup, but I can recommend the Euro+Drive unit, any day, to anyone.
14' Cabrio

EC V3
KN Drop In
AAD Catch Can
EC Boost Leak
De-Cat
EC E+D
MPX Axle-Back
Eibach Sportline Springs
C4 KYB Shocks
CPR Tunnel Brace
AAD short shifter

NGEN
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): ngencustomsandperfor

Re: EC Euro+Drive Phase 0 / Phase 1 PB

Post by NGEN » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 am

That’s why just about everyone runs Euro+Drive. It’s smooth, reliable and FAST. Plus, if you do have an issue, everyone else can help (because we all have it) and customer service from EC guys is spot on. You made the right choice going with E+D.
https://www.ngencustomsandperformance.com
Email: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
Phone/Text: 832-948-9409
Instagram: ngencustomsandperformance

KyleAllOneWord
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 FIAT 500T
Xbox ID (Optional): KyleAllOneWord

Post by KyleAllOneWord » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 am

Good to know! I just got my hand held too and am waiting on GFB DV and brisk plugs. I've spent the last year slowly adding the supporting mods to go straight into full phase 2. It's pretty astonishing that with a knowledgeable tuning company like EC, my car will be making 100hp more (to the crank) than the day it was rolled off the lot!

retrophit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Abarth 500C
Your Instagram (Optional): retro.phit

Post by retrophit » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 pm

100HP over stock is extremely optimistic in my opinion. I don’t think anyone has ever replicated the numbers EC gives for their tunes. Happy to be corrected tho..
2013 500C Abarth
All the mods!
Instagram: HIS3ONX

NGEN
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): ngencustomsandperfor

Post by NGEN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:57 am

retrophit wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 pm 100HP over stock is extremely optimistic in my opinion. I don’t think anyone has ever replicated the numbers EC gives for their tunes. Happy to be corrected tho..
236hp/262tq to the wheels proven on the dyno.
https://www.ngencustomsandperformance.com
Email: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
Phone/Text: 832-948-9409
Instagram: ngencustomsandperformance

jayhoff
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2014 500C Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): simpmodia

Post by jayhoff » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 am

I know I am not getting any where near those power levels due to my intercoolers, and my V3 intake.
Once those are cleared up, maybe.

But until I get that sorted out, nope.
14' Cabrio

EC V3
KN Drop In
AAD Catch Can
EC Boost Leak
De-Cat
EC E+D
MPX Axle-Back
Eibach Sportline Springs
C4 KYB Shocks
CPR Tunnel Brace
AAD short shifter

retrophit

Post by retrophit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:44 am

NGEN wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:57 am 236hp/262tq to the wheels proven on the dyno.
With your turbo upgrade, sure, but that’s further proof that these numbers are ridiculous

2013 500C Abarth
All the mods!

retrophit

Post by retrophit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 am

jayhoff wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 am I know I am not getting any where near those power levels due to my intercoolers, and my V3 intake.
Once those are cleared up, maybe.
No way... first your intercoolers are fine. Second, it takes a reworked turbo to actually make those numbers. See NGEN’s site.
2013 500C Abarth
All the mods!

KyleAllOneWord
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 FIAT 500T
Xbox ID (Optional): KyleAllOneWord

Post by KyleAllOneWord » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm

100hp gain may sound way to optimistic, but I'm going off numbers given. I'm also starting with a 500T, not an Abarth. 135hp to the crank new. 10-15% hp loss when measured at the wheels, so 115-120whp. EC claims 235+ on phase 2 at 15% loss through the drivetrain put it at 200whp. Pretty sure 200whp is attainable in a boosted FIAT. "But Kyle, 115hp to 200hp is only 85hp gain" Yep. 15% of 100 is 15. 100-15=85! So I'm still going to claim 100hp at the crank gain over stock. Fair?

retrophit

Post by retrophit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:52 pm

KyleAllOneWord wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm EC claims 235+ on phase 2 at 15%
As you can see above, EC claims 235 WHEEL horsepower. That’s total BS. It takes a big turbo and all the exhaust mods NGEN did to get to 235WHP. Those numbers are laughable. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE 190WHP if it 40F and you’re at the bottom of the ocean.
2013 500C Abarth
All the mods!

Return to “Vendor Reviews and Feedback”