What did you do to your Fiat lately ?

Discussion about the website and about Fiat-related topics that don't fit in other categories.
texanbrit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 500c Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): paul_rogerson_tx

Re: What did you do to your Fiat lately ?

Post by texanbrit » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 pm

I don't know about the C514 but for the C510 I have them listed as:
trans bolts.PNG
trans bolts.PNG (73.8 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
2013 Abarth 500c (NGen Turbo'd) - Isabella
2012 500 Pop (broken, engine rebuild on hold) - Popabella
2014 500L (Daily workhorse) - The Hulk
2013 Abarth 500 (broken engine, current project) - Abby

sportfan
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Sport

Post by sportfan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:48 pm

The lady never called me back from Tech Authority so I called them. I got a guy that had to repeat ever sentence back to me. When I placed the order on the 31st it didn't work so I ordered it again. Then I got two emails saying I had two manuals coming. So I called them and canceled one order. I told the guy the story and he checked and found out that UPS here had reported the order damaged to the shipper. I asked the guy why didn't somebody get with me about it ? He said that wasn't policy that someone would get in touch with me in 48 hours to talk about it. I told him that they sucked. The new STI with 400 HP is really starting to sound good.

MadFiat
Site Admin
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): madfiat
Xbox ID (Optional): madfiat

Post by MadFiat » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 am

Wait I was supposed to torque the trans to engine block bolts? ;)

I just put them at "Meh seems really tight to me" level of torque. And the ones bolting into aluminum slightly less than that.
2015 Rosso Abarth 5MT - MAD FIAT - EC Phase 2 + Supporting Mods
2015 Granito Lucente 500T 6AT - Projecto Estupido
2017 Fiat 124 Spider 6MT - Another one???

texanbrit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 500c Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): paul_rogerson_tx

Post by texanbrit » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:49 pm

MadFiat wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 am Wait I was supposed to torque the trans to engine block bolts? ;)

I just put them at "Meh seems really tight to me" level of torque. And the ones bolting into aluminum slightly less than that.
I beleive that's the correct, weights and measures certified, specs. Seems really tight is about 60Nm. OMG it's going to break is about 90Nm. OMG I'm going to break is about 120Nm.
2013 Abarth 500c (NGen Turbo'd) - Isabella
2012 500 Pop (broken, engine rebuild on hold) - Popabella
2014 500L (Daily workhorse) - The Hulk
2013 Abarth 500 (broken engine, current project) - Abby

sportfan

Post by sportfan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Thanks Paul, I finally found the specs.

sportfan

Post by sportfan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Yesterday after three tries we got a service manual to down load. After studying the pictures for a while I figured out my shift cable problem. I couldn't find any text that dealt with my problem. I was getting in and out of the car trying the shifter after some adjustments. Just out of habit I pushed the clutch in. I sure wished the slave cylinder had been bolted down . So after putting the slave cylinder back together I quit for the night. This morning I got my wife to help me bleed the clutch out. So I took it out for about a twenty minute test drive and came back home to check for any leaks but, didn't find any. I do wish I had more pedal pressure on the clutch like before. I might make it to Twisted after all.

Jonohhh

Post by Jonohhh » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:18 pm

I've finally begun the process of restoring my 500 Abarth! It's in quite a poor state at the moment, I hate to admit.

However, the new engine is almost ready to go in (along with the new ported and coated exhaust manifold and turbine housing). The car needs a lot of work. The most obvious is a paint correction, front bumper replacement and tabs, and side skirt repair. All of the exterior trim is either rotted or faded to white, so that is also a bridge I have to cross. Due to the crazy price of a lot of these trim pieces, I'm likely gonna attempt some form of long-term restoration (not just spraying trim restorer on it). The interior needs a deep clean as well, as a year + of sitting has resulted in some grossness.

However, I am seriously missing it, so I look forward to being able to drive it again!

MadFiat
Site Admin

Post by MadFiat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:16 pm

Jonohhh wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:18 pm I've finally begun the process of restoring my 500 Abarth! It's in quite a poor state at the moment, I hate to admit.

However, the new engine is almost ready to go in (along with the new ported and coated exhaust manifold and turbine housing). The car needs a lot of work. The most obvious is a paint correction, front bumper replacement and tabs, and side skirt repair. All of the exterior trim is either rotted or faded to white, so that is also a bridge I have to cross. Due to the crazy price of a lot of these trim pieces, I'm likely gonna attempt some form of long-term restoration (not just spraying trim restorer on it). The interior needs a deep clean as well, as a year + of sitting has resulted in some grossness.

However, I am seriously missing it, so I look forward to being able to drive it again!
Definitely keep us up to date! I think you have most of the parts you need already don't you?

Jonohhh

Post by Jonohhh » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:19 pm

MadFiat wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:16 pm
Jonohhh wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:18 pm I've finally begun the process of restoring my 500 Abarth! It's in quite a poor state at the moment, I hate to admit.

Definitely keep us up to date! I think you have most of the parts you need already don't you?
I believe I have everything...although admittedly I'm not entirely sure, and really have not given it much thought.

I have:

New Engine with 11K Miles (Duh)
FX250D for Single Mass FW
Lightweight Flywheel
Ported, Polished, and Coated Exhaust Manifold
Ported, Polished, and Coated Turbine Housing
Turbo Installation Kit
200Cell Downpipe (thanks Alvin!)

I expect to need new hardware of some kind? Are any of the bolts TTY/ One Time Use? I assume I will need new bolts for the flywheel?

I wish I was installing a TD04 at the same time but I just want the car to work again. There's so much more power to be made at a much lower boost level by replacing the restrictive turbine section. It seems throwing "huge" compressors and even turbine wheels into the tiny stock housing is far too common for these cars...although given how relatively specialized 1446 is, and how most customers are looking for a straight swap, I can understand why...kinda.

I may be swapping the intake manifolds over as well, even though I really don't want to do that. I would like to relocate the IAT closer to the throttle body. It heat soaks in the little pocket it sits in the manifold, and I would like to see if I can make an appreciable difference in behavior by moving it. Unfortunately, the bung I was going to relocate it to (leaving the map where it is though) is not present on the Renegade manifold. It needs to be somewhere inside the manifold since there is a temperature drop across the throttle body during part throttle operation (which multiair still does at times), and our ECU is not setup to calculate this based on ambient vs manifold pressure like it is on most cars that have the sensor pre TB. (They either do that or they utilize the IAT in such that it really doesn't matter). I want it to be right. The sensor I end up choosing will also be one where the probe is very well insulated from the sensor body, as a few of the bosch options are.

Also. I am having trouble getting a XDF file for my ecu, so my OFT isn't very...open...in its current state. However, I must say, I am pretty impressed by how smooth the S2 OFT tune is. It's a very conservative tune compared to ECP2 but it's lovely to daily drive...I just want to turn it up a bit.

MadFiat
Site Admin

Post by MadFiat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:22 pm

Mishimoto radiator hoses? I mean while you're in there you might as well.

And yes, you need new flywheel bolts. Modern Performance in Houston has them, pre loctited and everything. https://www.modernperformance.com/

I personally would not really move the IAT / MAP sensor too much as it may be calibrated for its current location.

Return to “On Topic Discussion”