Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): madfiat
Xbox ID (Optional): madfiat

Re: Rear shock absorber install - by VisualKei

Post by MadFiat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:38 pm

texanbrit wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 am
MadFiat wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:19 pm
texanbrit wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:07 am

Probably should have done the rear shocks on their own, for science. I'm not sure how much influence the front struts have on the rear setup. Glad that you got an overall improvement though.
True, but I know that with the KYB's I got a lot of "dip" in the rear that I'm not feeling now.

I think the longer KYB shocks were not letting the lowering springs settle to their natural position honestly. Holding it up just a little bit farther thus the spring compressed more easily. Once it started compressing intertia took over and it would just bottom out.

Whatever the cause, the rear has settled down as much as the front. Though I might try a notch softer on the front Konis, as I you certainly feel the difference in various body parts now.
My front end is set very soft, seems to keep rubber on the road better that way especially on the uneven road surfaces we sometimes encounter in the hill country.
Found some of the roughest roads I could around here today for a test... had a bit of front scraping but no rear scraping. Most likely cause of the way the bottom of my bumper hangs down a little oddly. IIRC it had a hard time fitting around the FMIC cold side pipe is what caused that. I think the pipe is slightly too long for the auto transmission version so it sticks out farther, causing the bumper to not want to sit properly.
2015 Rosso Abarth 5MT - MAD FIAT - EC Phase 2 + Supporting Mods
2015 Granito Lucente 500T 6AT - Projecto Estupido
2017 Fiat 124 Spider 6MT - Another one???

MadFiat
Site Admin
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): madfiat
Xbox ID (Optional): madfiat

Re: Rear shock absorber install - by VisualKei

Post by MadFiat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:45 pm

2015 Rosso Abarth 5MT - MAD FIAT - EC Phase 2 + Supporting Mods
2015 Granito Lucente 500T 6AT - Projecto Estupido
2017 Fiat 124 Spider 6MT - Another one???

Return to “Upgrade or Break”