MadFiat
Site Admin
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): madfiat
Xbox ID (Optional): madfiat

Faulty Tail Lamp Housing?

Post by MadFiat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Tail Lamp Woes...

So I bought new tail lamps for the 500T Salvage Project. One of them after installation alerted me that the brake light and turn signal were out. Sure enough, the tail lamp lights, but the brake light doesn't, and the turn signal appears to light dimly?

To verify what the source of the issue was, I swapped the housing over to MAD FIAT, and the problem went with the housing so it was either housing or bulbs, not the car. So I ordered a new set of bulbs. Swapped them in. Problem persists!

No brake light on the right side, no turn signal on the right side, dim reverse light on the right side. Different car, new bulbs, has to be the housing. Oddly enough I noticed that if I turn on the right turn signal, it does flash the reverse light dimly, and even flashes the left side (ODD??!!) ...

Anyone have an idea where to start? Sadly I bought the housing on eballs from a fiat parts seller, and the return and feedback period have passed. Have I wasted $100 and have to buy another new housing? Or perhaps is there an easy fix?

Also, if someone has a broken housing I can have, maybe I can swap the electronics out :) ...

Ideas?
2015 Rosso Abarth 5MT - MAD FIAT - EC Phase 2 + Supporting Mods
2015 Granito Lucente 500T 6AT - Projecto Estupido
2017 Fiat 124 Spider 6MT - Another one???

NGEN
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): ngencustomsandperfor

Re: Faulty Tail Lamp Housing?

Post by NGEN » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:42 pm

It’s likely the board. I had that problem with the left side. I have an extra left side if you want it.

If you put new bulbs in it, do a few key cycles and drive it before you deem it bad. Sometimes it takes a few times for the BCM to realize you fixed it.
https://www.ngencustomsandperformance.com
Email: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
Phone/Text: 832-948-9409
Instagram: ngencustomsandperformance

MadFiat
Site Admin
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): madfiat
Xbox ID (Optional): madfiat

Re: Faulty Tail Lamp Housing?

Post by MadFiat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:15 pm

NGEN wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:42 pm It’s likely the board. I had that problem with the left side. I have an extra left side if you want it.

If you put new bulbs in it, do a few key cycles and drive it before you deem it bad. Sometimes it takes a few times for the BCM to realize you fixed it.
This is the right side sadly (passenger)... unless that's what you're calling left side.

Key cycles didn't seem to affect it. May have to take the board out and see if I can find what's wrong with it.
2015 Rosso Abarth 5MT - MAD FIAT - EC Phase 2 + Supporting Mods
2015 Granito Lucente 500T 6AT - Projecto Estupido
2017 Fiat 124 Spider 6MT - Another one???

Return to “Tech - Fiat 500 Abarth / T / 2018+ Pop/Lounge etc”