Modified STOCK Turbos (direct replacements)

Fiat 500s with Terbows.
retrophit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Abarth 500C
Your Instagram (Optional): retro.phit

Modified STOCK Turbos (direct replacements)

Post by retrophit » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:35 pm

I wanted to make a list of “super stock” turbos and see if any folks have opinions on one versus the others and to see if I left any out. Anyone running one of these? Thoughts?

SpeedMotive 1700 - https://speedmotive.com/select-make/fia ... rade-1700s

NGEN (multiple) - https://ngencustomsandperformance.com/s ... plications

Tork - https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/1. ... cker+Turbo

Eurocompulsion (1446+) - https://shopeurocompulsion.net/products ... 4752&_ss=r
2013 500C Abarth
All the mods!
Instagram: HIS3ONX

MadFiat
Site Admin
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): madfiat
Xbox ID (Optional): madfiat

Re: Modified STOCK Turbos (direct replacements)

Post by MadFiat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm

You can order one from GPop, but you have to email them. Their pricing is lower than any of the above options, as they are a turbo builder, and the above options all are resellers with an outside builder.

Gpop, btw, is who makes the NGEN turbo.
2015 Rosso Abarth 5MT - MAD FIAT - EC Phase 2 + Supporting Mods
2015 Granito Lucente 500T 6AT - Projecto Estupido
2017 Fiat 124 Spider 6MT - Another one???

retrophit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Abarth 500C
Your Instagram (Optional): retro.phit

Post by retrophit » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Gotcha. To be fair to NGEN, their markup includes the convenience of sending you a built turbo without having to remove yours first and deal with the downtime. Plus any R&D they did with Gpop.
2013 500C Abarth
All the mods!
Instagram: HIS3ONX

texanbrit
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 500c Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): paul_rogerson_tx

Post by texanbrit » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 pm

I’d rather work with Bryan than Gpop if there are issues. Might be good to go direct if you want something custom.
2013 Abarth 500c (NGen Turbo'd) - Isabella
2012 500 Pop (broken, engine rebuild on hold) - Popabella
2014 500L (Daily workhorse) - The Hulk
2013 Abarth 500 (broken engine, current project) - Abby

NGEN
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): ngencustomsandperfor

Post by NGEN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:51 pm

MadFiat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm You can order one from GPop, but you have to email them. Their pricing is lower than any of the above options, as they are a turbo builder, and the above options all are resellers with an outside builder.

FYI: The only way you can get our 11 fin NGEN Turbo is ordering it directly from us. It is not available if you attempt to order it directly from GPop.

Although GPop is a turbo builder, they are not familiar with the car/platform itself, only the turbo. They would not be able to assist much if you run into an issue or get stuck during the install. By purchasing from us (or purchasing from any of the above vendors offering an upgraded turbo), you get the customer support with installing (we provide color instructions, in fact they are also listed on this site), everything you need to install it (gaskets, lines, nuts, studs, etc), custom tuning for your specific application and if you are having trouble, assistance from people who know the platform. For many, it is worth it to buy from a vendor just for those reasons.
https://www.ngencustomsandperformance.com
Email: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
Phone/Text: 832-948-9409
Instagram: ngencustomsandperformance

MadFiat
Site Admin

Post by MadFiat » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:08 am

NGEN wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:51 pm
MadFiat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 pm You can order one from GPop, but you have to email them. Their pricing is lower than any of the above options, as they are a turbo builder, and the above options all are resellers with an outside builder.

FYI: The only way you can get our 11 fin NGEN Turbo is ordering it directly from us. It is not available if you attempt to order it directly from GPop.

Although GPop is a turbo builder, they are not familiar with the car/platform itself, only the turbo. They would not be able to assist much if you run into an issue or get stuck during the install. By purchasing from us (or purchasing from any of the above vendors offering an upgraded turbo), you get the customer support with installing (we provide color instructions, in fact they are also listed on this site), everything you need to install it (gaskets, lines, nuts, studs, etc), custom tuning for your specific application and if you are having trouble, assistance from people who know the platform. For many, it is worth it to buy from a vendor just for those reasons.
True, I never really intended to say that they could get the custom turbo builds, I know those are proprietary designs. I think they really just offer the original +1 design that was out a few years ago.

thethiagobrito
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 / Fiat / 500 abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): thethiagobrito

Post by thethiagobrito » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Do you guys knows the dimensions of the internals of an modified turbo like those? Because I am planning to do an upgrade on the turbo but to import from one of those vendors would be a gigantic amount of money to bring to Brazil. Here there are vendors the can modify my turbo tô the dimensions that I inform. I would like to import from EC or NGEN and use their Phase 3 but can't. So buying the turbo here with the same dimensions and buy the Phase 3 would do the job for me.

MadFiat
Site Admin

Post by MadFiat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:52 am

thethiagobrito wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:17 pm Do you guys knows the dimensions of the internals of an modified turbo like those? Because I am planning to do an upgrade on the turbo but to import from one of those vendors would be a gigantic amount of money to bring to Brazil. Here there are vendors the can modify my turbo tô the dimensions that I inform. I would like to import from EC or NGEN and use their Phase 3 but can't. So buying the turbo here with the same dimensions and buy the Phase 3 would do the job for me.
Unfortunately the market for the 1.4 Multiair turbo upgrades is small enough that the vendors have to be jealous with each and every sale so they can recoup their investment in development. That basically means nobody - absolutely nobody - (that I know of) publishes the specs for their custom turbos, because even a few lost sales makes the development nonprofitable.

So basically... unless you get hold of someone with the skills and willingness to personally measure all the key dimensions on one of these turbos, those specs aren't available.

The sad thing of course is that makes it properly difficult to do a well planned engine build that's even a little bit "outside the box" and have a tune that works with it. Those who've tried find that it can be hard to get a tune to match a turbo that they spec'd themselves.

Return to “Tech - Fiat 500 Abarth / T / 2018+ Pop/Lounge etc”