Compressor wheel size?

Engine in the Abarth, 500T, 500L, 500X, 124, Dart, Renegade, and 2018+ 500 All.
wafflewizard
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): bryon_500
Xbox ID (Optional): bryonzx6r
PlayStation ID (Optional): the_wafflewizard

Compressor wheel size?

Post by wafflewizard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Good afternoon all!

My turbo compressor is very chewed up, to the point its embarrassing to even post a picture of it. I honestly do not know how I am still holding boost/not getting a CEL. (Knocking on every piece of wood I see).
I talked with Chris from EC about my options. I am not looking to run phase 3 and go big cam and all that jazz. I more so just want to run phase 2 with full bolt ons, maybe a little more if a phase 2+ comes out.
Option A is to buy a brand new OEM turbo for a little over $500.
Option B is rebuilding my current oem turbo and getting a better compressor wheel/upgrading the internals.
I dont really want to do the mods for a 1752, and quite frankly dont want to fork over $1600 plus install equipment.

If I were to get a local company to upgrade my current turbo, I have no idea where to begin asking what size to get. I wouldnt be looking for massive gains, but a longer lasting turbo and a little boost wouldnt be bad.
After talking with Chris he informed me that the car and phase 2 will indeed adapt to a turbo that I put on, I really feel like building up my bad turbo is the way to go. Im hoping to get something done for around $1k preferably less. My fear is that getting too big of a wheel will create more high end power and low end lag for this engine.

I would appreciate any advice or ideas you may have to throw out there.

V/r
-Bryon
2015 AutoBarth | ED phase 0/1 P&B | EC 4.1 | Turbosmart Wastegate | GFB DV+ | El Gato chassis braces | CFP subframe brace | Neu-F Rear Torsion Bar | Mopar lightweight forged 16" | DDM 8k HID

NGEN
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): ngencustomsandperfor

Re: Compressor wheel size?

Post by NGEN » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:16 pm

I can help you out based on your budget - just did this for someone else. Basically a budget turbo build. Not quite the NGEN Performance Turbo but will definitely work well for Phase 2. Give me a shout and I can go over everything with you.
https://www.ngencustomsandperformance.com
Email: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
Phone/Text: 832-948-9409
Instagram: ngencustomsandperformance

BecauseAbarth
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2014 Fiat Abarth

Post by BecauseAbarth » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Im kind of curious on what these options are, Not quite ready to pull the trigger on this yet though

wafflewizard
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Instagram (Optional): bryon_500
Xbox ID (Optional): bryonzx6r
PlayStation ID (Optional): the_wafflewizard

Post by wafflewizard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm

NGEN wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:16 pm I can help you out based on your budget - just did this for someone else. Basically a budget turbo build. Not quite the NGEN Performance Turbo but will definitely work well for Phase 2. Give me a shout and I can go over everything with you.
Thank you Bryan, I will be getting in contact with you soon!
2015 AutoBarth | ED phase 0/1 P&B | EC 4.1 | Turbosmart Wastegate | GFB DV+ | El Gato chassis braces | CFP subframe brace | Neu-F Rear Torsion Bar | Mopar lightweight forged 16" | DDM 8k HID

Return to “Mods - 1.4 Turbo”