Turbosmart or Forge Actuator?

Engine in the Abarth, 500T, 500L, 500X, 124, Dart, Renegade, and 2018+ 500 All.
operamatt
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2012/Fiat/Abarth

Turbosmart or Forge Actuator?

Post by operamatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

getting parts together to move to phase 2 from RRM Stage 2.5. I currently have the Go Fast Bots DV+ but am going to switch to the Forge Diverter valve. I am undecided which Turbo actuator to switch to and would like feedback.
“if one day speed kills me.... i was probably driving a fiat”

BecauseAbarth
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2014 Fiat Abarth

Re: Turbosmart or Forge Actuator?

Post by BecauseAbarth » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 am

If your not switching turbos - and staying phase 2 then I would suggest the Turbosmart - The one Speedmotive sells is custom setup for our system - I personally havent tried the Forge - I know it comes with more tuning springs to hold different boost pressures - I think both are fine upgrades and will hold the boost you need, but in the end I went with Turbosmart so I could could install it and move on and not worry about figuring out which spring would best fit my system - I run it with the Forge BOV and have zero problems on Phase 2 with Pops n Bangs - Just my opinion though

operamatt

Post by operamatt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am

BecauseAbarth wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 am If your not switching turbos - and staying phase 2 then I would suggest the Turbosmart - The one Speedmotive sells is custom setup for our system - I personally havent tried the Forge - I know it comes with more tuning springs to hold different boost pressures - I think both are fine upgrades and will hold the boost you need, but in the end I went with Turbosmart so I could could install it and move on and not worry about figuring out which spring would best fit my system - I run it with the Forge BOV and have zero problems on Phase 2 with Pops n Bangs - Just my opinion though
yea i have no desire to push the engine any harder with a different turbo. just looking for the best setup for Phase 2. I tried giving speemotive a call but no answer, hopefully they respond to my email. thanks for the great info.

BecauseAbarth
Your Car's Year / Make / Model: 2014 Fiat Abarth

Post by BecauseAbarth » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:50 am

I dont know with the Fiattech forum going down if that has something to do with him not responding - Id assume that he should still be in operation minus the forum

operamatt

Post by operamatt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:51 pm

BecauseAbarth wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:50 am I dont know with the Fiattech forum going down if that has something to do with him not responding - Id assume that he should still be in operation minus the forum
i contacted him and am going with his turbosmart/ forge diverter valve kit. thankyou for you guidance. much appreciated.

Return to “Mods - 1.4 Turbo”